Wednesday, August 12, 2009

More Corny Recipes

Here are two more old favorites from The Settlement Cook Book

Corn Pudding

Ingredients:

2 eggs
1 can (16 ounces) corn, chopped
1 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 ½ teaspoons melted butter
2 cups hot milk

Method:

Beat eggs slightly, add rest of the ingredients and turn into a well-buttered baking dish. Set in a pan of hot water and bake in a moderate oven, 350 degrees F for about 1 hour until firm. Serve hot.

Baked Corn

This couldn’t be any easier.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Soak corn on the cob with the husks still on in cold water for ten minutes. Remove from water and place ears on middle rack in oven for ten to fifteen minutes. Remove husks and enjoy!

The Practical Preserver will be off duty Friday but will be back in the preserving kitchen on Monday.

1 comment:

  1. I'm actually going to try the baked corn. I'll have to pass on the corn pudding though. I'm not a pudding kinda guy.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I've been dabbling in learning German most of my adult life. Now it's crunch time. Fluency by December 31,2020. Come join me on my Final Approach to Learning German.